Programs for iSeries 400 (AS/400)
This page is dedicated to small utilities. On my AS/400 page I have more
general links about iSeries 400 (AS/400), Software as well as hardware.
First I will mention some of my own utilities
that can be yours. Also there are a few link elsewhere
to other similar routines.
- Small utilities of my own:
DLTOLDSPLF (Delete Old Spoolfiles) is just as it says an(other)
utility that I have found nice to have and some have asked me to published.
- ADJDST is a shareware command that once and forever frees you from changing the system clock
every time we enter or leave DST - Daylight Saving Time.
- RGZPFMBRS is a free command to do RGZPFM on multible members in one run.
- PACKSRC another free command to that cuts 75% of the size of source and other physical file members.
- A nice piece of freeware is the
that will help you to get an overview over an RPG/400 program.
- A corresponding overview over which other programs a program
calls can be obtained by the
DOCPGMSTR-command - also
a freeware program.
- CHKOBJSRC. Working with Y2K
(which means that all objects should be
recompiled) I found a need for an alternative to
IBM's ANZUSROBJ. You can se why
and even get a free copy of it.
Note: This is not the same as the Jada Tool CHKOBJSRC
- When I had a need to search for two digit years in programs
I created the
RTVPGMFLDA command to
retrieve field length and type from a compiled program object.
FNDSTRSYSO is a tool to investigate in
which *QRYDFN a specific library/file/field is used.
- And even smaller: Examples on call to API's. Not many yet, but help me to expand the page.
- Other goodies:
- The magazine iSeries News has a large list of
software you can get on the net.
Most of them are shareware, but you will also find some freeware.
PKZIP is the most known general
It's also for sale for iSeries 400 (AS/400).
Like me here
is a guy providing iSeries 400 (AS/400) shareware tools from a programmer,
to other programmers.
gives away a
free TelNet Applet.
Last modified: Opdateret d. 27.2.2005.
File name: http://hkrebs.dk/sw.html